We got 3 rubbermaid containers and let the kids decorate them with stickers...this was wonderful to get the kids excited about the jars, now they know which one is theirs and they love them!
Evelyn can't stop talking about her princess stickers and loves to count her beans and look at them! Samuel and Hyrum love to carry their jars around and shake them like maracas!
When someone does something 'good' I give them a bean and when they do something 'naughty' I take a bean away. When the jar is full (or maybe when they reach a certain number of beans) I'll let them pick an inexpensive toy from Wal-Mart. What's the point? Well, hopefully this will help them see rewards for making good choices (getting beans in their jar and eventually a toy from Wal-Mart) and consequences for bad choices (losing a bean). If anyone else has done this - - let me know some tricks that have worked for you and your kids!







1 comment:
Looks like life is good for the Clarks. The Kids are all adorable, I hope have them close works out as good for you as it did for us. Keep in touch through allison's blog!
Jay Linford (bishop byu140)
Post a Comment