Sorry it's been a while since my last post. We have been visiting family in New Orleans! It was soooo fun. One of the more exciting things we did was go marsh fishing in The Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi River. We got to the dock at the crack of dawn...literally...which means - you guessed it - we had to wake up at the unearthly time of 3:45 am to get to the dock by dawn. But what a beautiful sunrise (my dad took all of these pictures)!
Because there were 7 of us who went (Grandma stayed home with all 5 grandchildren) we took 2 boats. For the first hour or so the boats split up. But on our boat (Boat #2 - Thayne, Erica, and Jeffrey) Erica caught the first fish! Jeffrey soon followed, but all would pale in comparison to Thayne's first catch! WHOA!
FISHING STATISTICS
Thayne's redfish weighed in at 30 lbs. and was by far the biggest one we caught that day! Way to go Thayne!
Boat #2 caught 1 trout and lots of Redfish...we caught "so many" redfish that we reached our limit and just started catching and releasing.
Jeffrey caught the most fish individually - 13 - Someone had to pick up my slack - I only caught 6!! Good Job Jeffrey!
The other boat (Boat #1 - Michael, Sarah, Christy, Grandpa) caught tons of speckled trout and some redfish...
Oh yeah, and Boat #1 caught the most fish as a team. Good job - I guess... ;)
BIGGEST TRAGEDY
Sarah wins this award... She had a trout on the line and she saw it for a second when it came up the the surface, and she was a little disappointed because it was a small one...then, just after the trout disappeared under water, her line just starts unreeling (?) like crazy. Apparently what happened was a HUGE redfish ate the trout that was on her line!! Unfortunately, the fishing guide cut her line because he said it would be impossible for her to reel them both in since the hook was in the trout, not the redfish...
Special Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the fishing trip!
Thanks Grandpa for the taking the pictures - which is why he isn't in any!!
Thanks Grandma for wanting to stay home with all 5 grandchildren aged 4 and under!!







3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast, I love going out in boats, but I haven't fished since I was little. And I never caught anything like Thayne did, that is really cool.
I really enjoy reading your blog. (I lurk :)) I'm just a very bad commenter. Those are awesome pixs. I can't believe that fish!
Wow, both Chris and I can't believe the size of that fish Thayne caught. It is sweet! Or as Chris said, "that is awesome."
Post a Comment