We went on vacation just before Christmas and got back after New Years. On Christmas Day, Hyrum had a fever of 102º. We couldn't take him in till the next day to an Urgent Care, because apparently even they are closed on Christmas! Turns out he had an ear infection... we thought the Antibiotics cleared him up but when we got home he had a DOUBLE ear infection!
For about the last week of our vacation, I (Erica) got sick. I had just about every symptom you could imagine. Cough, Runny Nose, Fever, Nausea, Ear Ache, Sore Throat, Eye Infection... I finally consented to go to an Urgent Care when we reached Witchita, Kansas on our way home, only to find out - there are NO urgent care facilities in Witchita, Kansas!!
Since being home, I have been to 2 doctors. One has informed me that I have a Medical Condition. In his words: "Lady, you are pregnant!" - - No it wasn't a surprise, but I loved how he said it! So morning sickness has also taken it's toll. My other doctor gave me some Antibiotics and Eye Drops but never told me what was wrong!!
I got over that only to have my kids get sick. Samuel had a fever for 2 days, followed by Hyrum throwing up and having a fever for 1 day, followed by Evelyn having a fever for 3 days.
Thayne has also been sick. He got sick the same time as me in Utah, but never had the fever. However, he is STILL battling an eye infection and other symptoms...
To top it all off, I think I'm getting sick again!! :)
Oh, I almost forgot - I am due the second week in August. Yeah. My motto is: "If I can survive being 9 months pregnant in August - - in Texas - - I can survive anything!!"
The rest of 2022
3 years ago







6 comments:
Congratulations Erica on the Egyptian Flu! I hope you all get feeling better soon. Ethan says hi to Evelyn and that he misses her. Hang in there.
Congrats on a new baby coming!!! I feel so bad that you all have been so sick. Hope that things slow down real soon!
Good luck and congratulations! I hope you all get over your sickness soon -- no fun at all!
Yea Clarks!!! Congrats on Numbero Quatro!!! WAHOOOOO!! That is awesome and hope the morning sickness is bearable! I feel for ya!
Congrats on the pregnancy! I am sorry we missed you when you were here in Utah! I am sorry you have all been sick, that is the one reason I hate winter!
Congrats! What exciting news!
Post a Comment