Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Paper Airplanes

So for the Activity Days the I was in charge of in June, we had a Father/Daughter activity where they built balsa wood planes and flew them in the gym. My kids loved the planes from when they first saw them in the store, but I told them they were for the Activity Day Girls... Then I had an idea... Paper Airplanes!

I made the kids paper airplanes and they L-O-V-E them. There a have been many wrecked planes, and many close calls; Since no one has lost an eye yet, we are having a BLAST!

Well, the other night, our Home Teachers came by and one of them always brings an activity for the kids to do - to get them involved in the lesson but occupied enough to be still and 'listen.' - - - He must have been inspired because this time, he had the kids make paper airplanes!

The best flight of the night was when Samuel threw his plane and it got stuck in Evelyn's hair! I was trying very hard to focus on the lesson, but that crash landing made me Laugh Out Loud!! It was awesome...

So for any of you looking for an easy craft to make with your kids, I recommend a paper airplane, just watch your head (and eyes) and be prepared to have to get rescue the crashed planes from the oddest places!

1 comment:

Sarah and Mike Stancliffe said...

That makes me laugh. We just rediscovered the joy of paper airplanes on Sunday! I swear our kids must be related or something. :) Love the Family picture with the airplane on top...classic.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers