Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Familiar Song



Evelyn was a fussy baby and while my Mom was there helping me, she taught me that babies loved to be sung to. So I would sing Evelyn all sorts of songs, some would calm her, some would have no effect, but EVERYTIME I would sing he "I Am a Child of God," she would calm down. It was truly amazing!!

I was afraid I would jinx myself by figuring this out, but whenever she was fussiest and nothing else would work, singing "I Am a Child of God" would. I have since sung it to all my children when they are upset and it worked for them as well. Once while I was out shopping with Anna, she was screaming and I thought: "Let's see if you like this song..." and while we were in the car, I sang it to her and she stopped!

I love that my kids know and love this song (even Hyrum knows the words - although you wouldn't believe me if you saw our video...). I think we sing it every week during Family Home Evening. I know that there is something special about that song. Perhaps we sang it up in Heaven, maybe it calms me down and thus calms the babaies, whatever it is, I am grateful for it!!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers