Monday, March 1, 2010

The Perfect Day

So while I was pregnant with Anna, everyone would ask when I was due and I would tell them: "August 2, but she's going to be born in July..." To which everyone would reply: "Why July??" So let me tell you why I wanted a July baby and why Anna was born on the perfect day.

First and foremost - what pregnant woman wants to go past their due date? I didn't, all my other babies had come early, and July sounded so much closer than August. So I made July my 'goal' - as if I could control when she really came...

Secondly, Anna was born on a Friday. All of my other babies were born on Fridays... Fun huh?

Finally, Anna was born on the 31 of July - I did get my July baby!! AND another pattern emerged. Everyone in our family has either a 1 or a 3 in thier birthday... Dad - 3 September, Mom - 10 December, Evelyn - 13 February, Samuel - 16 December, Hyrum - 11 May, Anna - 31 July...

So there you have it, no real reason for me wanting a July baby, other than wanting my baby sooner - but look at all the fun 'patterns' that came from her perfect birthday!

1 comment:

Angela said...

That's pretty neat! I picked Groundhog Day for Riis and got my wish. With Leonora I screwed up and didn't pick a date and then ended up having her almost 2 wks past the due date. That was so frustrating! I think I'll have to remember to always pick a date with babies to come.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers