Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pillow Pets

So every so often, JoAnns has their sewing patterns on sale for $1.00 and the last time I was there I found the cutest pattern for pet pillows - the kind of pillow that wraps around your neck, but made to look like an animal - and decided it would be so fun if I could make them before our big trip this summer.


I started right away working on them, and in the midst of finishing my second one, Carrie (Thayne's sister) was visiting and was going to be here for a week and decided she wanted to make some for her kids too. I called these my "Secret Projects" while the kids were around and they were pretty good about not being too snoopy. But they would see me working on a body part - like the ears - and guess what body part it was and guess what kind of animal I was making. I think they saw the pattern envelope so they knew it was animals... For me to make all 4 took maybe 3 weeks... (you know 'free time' comes at a premium these days). Carrie got her 2 done within a week!! I'm soo glad Carrie decided to make some too, it helped me to not get burned out! Thanks Carrie!!

Here's how they turned out!! I put my kids' first name initial on one of their paws. The kids love them!! Success! - and just in time for our vacation :)


Evelyn's - Pink Puppy!! Her "E" initial is on the back of her front paw. She named her Rosena... We'll see if that sticks, She liked that because I put flowers on her dog's back.



Samuel's Green Puppy with green circles on his back! He named his dog "Race Car" - He thinks of some funny names for his 'lovies' The "S" initial is also on the back side of the front paw.



Hyrum had to have a lion. I couldn't picture a more fitting pillow pet for him! And lions have his favortie color - Orange. Since he likes blue too, that's the color of his initial. He named his lion "Lion." That makes 3 Lions - all named "lion" - that he has and he loves them ALL!!



I made Anna a purple monkey with hearts on it's back!! She got a sneak peek of her monkey while I was finishing making it and she hugged and kissed it tons!! I didn't think she would care one way or another, but seeing her reaction made making her one sooooo worth it!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

so so soooo cute! i love them! and the pet pillows too! hahahaha!!!

S said...

They look so good (the kids and the pillows)! I'm very impressed with your crafting abilities.

eedwards said...

I also am impressed. Cuteness all around!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers