Did I mention it it good to be home? It is so nice to be home!! The kids are back on their normal schedules, I can shop at CVS again, and I can sleep in my own bed! But I must admit I really feel out of it socially... It feels like we've been gone for a year! The last couple days of our trip and the week when we got home, a severe stomach virus went through our family. No 2 people had the same symptoms, but here's the list of what symptoms we had on our home: nausea, vomiting, diareeah, headache, and fever. Fun... So for a while we were quaratined at home... Then when I went to church we find out that both the Primary and the Relief Society had been reorganized! It has taken me weeks to figure who is in what calling now!
Consider this post an introduction to our Travels... One big milestone we hit just out side Amarillo, Texas:
Yes, it's blurry, but that's our documentation, we hit 100,000 miles. It was a sad moment... It means our car is getting old... Ironically, not too long after that, we passed a landmark city for us Stancliffe's... To anyone else, you may not even notice when you pass this po-dunk town in Texas...
Why is it a landmark? Because growing up, our Suburban broke down here - in Henrietta, TX. It seemed like every trip we went on, the car broke down somewhere... On this particular break down, I believe the car wouldn't stop accelerating. My mom doesn't remember how she got it to stop, but it eventually did and we waited for our cousins who lived in Fort Worth to rescue us! Good times.
Total length of the trip was 2 weeks. We didn't get to see everyone we wanted to. Sorry if we didn't get to see you!!
The cheapest gas price we found was $2.45 and the most expensive was $3.09 (for the lowest grade gas - we didn't stop there...). Our car got the best gas mileage (almost 18 mpg) when we drove between 65-69 mph, anything above that decreased it (as low as 14 mpg).
I didn't calculate how many miles we drove or how many hours in the car... but it was a lot. We loved rest stops that were kid-friendly like this one:
There was a little playground that was great for the kids to climb all over and get some energy out...
There were also rocks in the playground area that Anna LOVED to eat :)
And this rest stop had tons of room to stretch those legs (notice the yellow sign in the picture? It is a warning sign for rattlesnakes,... that scared the kids a little, so we had to convince the kids it was ok to play, as long as we were carfeul)!! As you can see, they got over it quickly...







2 comments:
That looks like SOOO much fun! I'm craving a road trip now.
yea! i've been waiting for some info on your trip! glad you're home safe and sound! love you!
Post a Comment