Friday, January 21, 2011

OH! How I L-O-V-E Cheat Days!

So Thayne and I have been on a quest to eat healthier since last year. We got serious about it in late August and have lost over 80 pounds together!

One of the biggest changes in my (Erica's) eating habits is to reduce the 'sweets' to one day a week. (Yes, Mom & Dad, you know that we cheated a bit more than that during our Christmas break!! But we are back on the wagon...) I used to eat dessert after lunch and dinner almost everyday. Now I only have treats once a week - usually on Friday. This cheat day has to be awesome. It's what keeps me good the rest of the week! So I will, throughout the week, plan out what 'naughty' things I will make :)


Today I made Homemade Girl Scout Samoa Cookies!! The store bought ones are DELICIOUS! So when I stumbled upon this recipe, I just had to try my hand at making them. They are a multi-step cookie, but OH, so good - so worth it!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

:) How can you be so cruel to show us those delicious cookies and not post the recipe! ;P

Nataliehlambert said...

Ok woman. I want pictures of you and Thayne!! Show us the progress!! I am way proud of you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers