Today Hyrum turned one - What a fun day to be able to celebrate his birthday and Mother's Day!! I was surprised how much he liked his presents. The first present we gave him, he kinda looked at and made a small rip in it, but then he wondered off and lost interest - - until - - I told Evelyn and Samuel they could open it for him... Hyrum was sooo mad.
Hyrum did calm down when he figured out that the present was a bubble machine. All the kids loved chasing the thousands of bubbles around the yard!
Thayne cooked us a delicious BBQ dinner and then we headed inside for some dessert. We were so good not to give Evelyn any sweets till she was a year old, but Samuel and Hyrum had sweets earlier... It seemed mean to eat cookies, cake, etc. in front of them and not give them any - some how they knew what we were eating was very desirable... so this not being Hyrum's first taste of chocolate cake, he knew just what to do with it!
The real challenge of today was figuring who got to clean Hyrum up! What a messy boy! Maybe that's the real reason you shouldn't give sweets to kids! ;) After cake, we finished opening presents and then played with the new toys (even Thayne got into it!)
Today was truly a wonderful day - I LOVE being a mom! I feel so blessed to have such beautiful children and a loving husband!







2 comments:
I love that mad, screaming face! It's so adorable! I'd be mad, too, if someone else started opening my presents.
Your kids are so cute! Seriously.... That face is hilarious! I like the side notes too. It is so nice to get to know your family better!
Post a Comment