Monday, August 11, 2008

Is Couponing worth it?: Kroger vs. Wal-Mart

So recently Kroger (a local grocery store) had a great sale and a lot of my coupons matched up to make them even better deals! Here's a picture of what I bought at the grocery store.


For all of the products in this picture I paid $5.25! I was very excited about how much I was able to get. Then I decided it would be fun to check the prices of these products at Wal-Mart to see how good a deal I really got...Drumroll Please...

At Wal-Mart (using no coupons - just their everyday low prices) I would have spent $29.69 + tax. If I used the same coupons as I did at Kroger I still would have spent 22.09 + tax!! By matching coupons to a good sale at the grocery store I saved our family an additional $16.84 (and that was just one of my transactions)!!

So to answer my title question - YES - for our family and because I love it, couponing and watching the sales are definatley worth it. I LOVE a good deal! ;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to go!!! I love the price matching from Walmart. It makes your deal even better.

Elisa said...

wow, that's amazing. where do you get your coupons?

Clark Family said...

I just use the coupons from the Sunday paper. I buy 2 "double" Sunday papers from Wal-Mart on Monday morning - giving me 4 sets of coupons...that way when something is really cheap I can get 4 of them at a great price!
-Erica

Clark Family said...

...I also print some coupons from the internet ;)

Rachel said...

I totally agree, I did coupons for awhile and it is definitely the best! You can save so much money!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers