Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Quoteable Kids

So this week my kids have had some pretty funny/cute ideas. Here are a few...

***Today I noticed Evelyn had a rash and thought maybe I should take a picture of it. So I told her to stay where she was while I went to grab the camera, before I could leave, she asked: "Why?, Is it cute?!" :)

***Later tonight I overheard a conversation she was having with Samuel, it went something like this...
Evelyn: Do you know what "Pooh" is?
Samuel: No
Evelyn: It's a kind of bear; a yellow one!

***After we cleaned up, the kids were running around, enjoying the open & clean floor space. Then they started hanging on to opposite ends of Samuel's blanket and spinning in circles. I decided I didn't like that game and told Evelyn: "If I see you pulling that blanket again, you're in time-out." Keep in mind that I am in the family room and they are in the living room, so they are not in plain view.

They go back to playing and literally 2 seconds later I caught a glimpse of Evelyn pulling the blanket again so I sent her to time-out. On her way there, she protests: "Did you SEE me??"...

***At the dinner table Evelyn was praticing her reading by sounding out words on the mayonaise jar and milk jug, well, Samuel thought this was a great idea and grabbed the ketchup bottle, ran his fingers over some words and said, slowly and pronouncing very clearly, ke-tch-up. It was so cute to see him trying to read!

***A couple days ago, I put in the animated Leap Frog movie: "Letter Factory." The 2 older kids love it. Hyrum doesn't sit still and watch movies yet. In the movie, they go through all the letters of the alphabet and teach the sounds they make. About half way through the movie, at the letter "M," they're singing the song: "every letter makes a sound the M says mmmmmmm." Then, from across the room I hear Hyrum saying Mmmmmm! I was amazed, I had no idea he was listening to the movie, I thought he was too busy playing with his toys - - good job multi-tasking Hyrum!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those were cute sayings. I find that I am often amazed at what my kids say and do. Most times I underestimate what they are capible of.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers