Thursday, September 16, 2010

Labor Day

Carrie, John & Family were able to come down for the weekend and celebrate Labor Day with us! Of course the best part of a holiday is good food - here's what we did this year:


For breakfast we had banana bread and cinnamon rolls...



For lunch we had steak and chicken kabobs... everyone assembled their own to their liking - we tried a few different things on the kabobs, we liked the green peppers, pineapple and onions...



I don't know if I'd put the mushrooms, tomatoes, or zucchini on kabobs again... the zuchini was nasty, the mushrooms were dry and weird, and the tomatoes were too squishy - I LOVE cherry tomatoes - but I guess I like them raw - not BBQ'd... We also grilled Banana Squash and we did like that!



To top it off, we had a fruit pizza that looked so beautiful it was almost sad to eat it!

Overall, a very successful, yummy holiday!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Yummy! Everything looks so good. And you're right about the fruit pizza.

Team Bracken said...

That is an awesome fruit pizza! So jealous you can make it look like that!

eedwards said...

Mmmm.mmmm.mmmmm.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers