On Sundays, I usually hold Anna or Hyrum on my lap. This past Sunday, I was holding Anna when Hyrum wiggled himself right off the bench and bonked his cheek on the book holder attached to the bench in front of us. I handed Anna to Thayne and thus Hyrum ended up on my lap.
Hyrum is just one WIGGLY little boy. Sunday I wore a skirt that was a little past my knees (I call those "short skirts"). Wiggly little boys and short skirts are not such a good match. I feel like every few seconds I am pulling at my skirt to make sure I'm still covered :)
Well after wrestling with Hyrum for a while I told him my legs were tired and to go sit on the bench by himself.
That lasted for maybe 5 minutes - He came up to me and said "Mom, are your legs still tired??" ...Then he said "see they're cold!" (Hyrum had explained to me earlier that day that he likes cold things - this may be why he always chews Lion's tail - if it's wet with slobber, it'll be cold...) Anyway, so he touches my leg and tells me they're cold - I guess he thought if my legs had time to get cold they shouldn't be tired anymore! Or maybe he wanted to sit on my lap again because it was cold... Whatever his logic - I thought it was adorable and I let him back on my lap - so it worked! ;)
I think I'm just a sucker for cute words... and I think Hyrum knows that. Last night (in the middle of the night) he wondered into our room to go potty and after hewas done, he said wanted to snuggle with me. Thayne said no, so I told him he could come give me a hug. As we were hugging Hyrum says: "Mom, I just want to keep snuggling you, because I Love You!!" It was sooo sweet! But I still sent him back to his bed... He can't always win ;)
One more note about Hyrum's fettish with hot and cold. He tells me about every week at church that his feet are hot! I think having to wear nice sunday shoes and socks makes his feet hot - my mom and I both can't stand having hot feet, so I can relate, but sorry Hyrum, you'll have to endure 3 hours of shoes while we're at church!
The rest of 2022
3 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment