April 18, 2008 - While in the middle of making jam, we ran out of containers to put them in. So, I get Evelyn, Samuel, and myself ready. While getting ready I gave Evelyn a coupon and gave her the responsibility hold on to that coupon. We get in the car, into Wal-Mart, and find the containers, and I ask Evelyn for the coupons...oh no...she doesn't have them. This isn't a surprise. She gets easily distracted and probably put it down in the house even before we left....So I ask her where the coupon is, and she says "hmmm, maybe in the car...(pauses)...or maybe at home" Ah! She gave me hope and then crushed it all in one sentence! I'm feeling a little frustrated because we are on a tight budget...I know it's only a dollar off, and of course it's not worth it to drive home and come back - but I figure we should at least go check in the car first and if it’s not there, Evelyn would probably get a time-out when we got home and we would buy the containers anyway. I turn to Evelyn and tell her the plan - we'll go check in the car, but if it's not there I ask her: “What should we do??” And without missing a beat she says "Scream and throw a fit!" I felt like rolling on the floor laughing...how could I be upset now?? She saw my smile and knew I wasn't upset anymore and gave that grin that kids give when they know they've said something good...and as it turns out - the coupon was in the car after all! YEA!, a win-win situation!
No comments:
Post a Comment