Saturday, April 19, 2008

We Be Jammin'


Friday was a busy day for us. We bought tons of strawberries so we could make freezer jam! I made 2 different kinds - one has less sugar and more berries. I really like both kinds - just on different things. It took us (Evelyn and Samuel helped me) 5 hours total - - including another trip to Wal-Mart to buy more containers for the jam - - and we ended up using about 10 lbs. of strawberries, 6 packs of pectin, and 8 lbs. of sugar to make 32 jars of jam - and a lot of dirty dishes!!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I love freezer jam and I'm dying to make some! Looks like you won't have to go buy jam from the grocery store this year or next :)

edwardsfamily said...

Yummy!! Freezer jam is so good! Great job on making all those. I bet your kids loved it!

BunchesofBradys said...

I just made a yummy jam during the holidays..it has lasted us until now.
I'll send the recipe to you guys.
I love freezer jam!

Kelly said...

Looks good! You have motivated me to make jam! I am sure Wilson will thank you!:)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers