Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Festivities


We had a busy and fun Fourth of July! First we had a Breakfast with at the Church. They had a Flag Ceremony, Pancake breakfast, and a Parade. The kids decorated their bikes with ribbons and balloons and were so excited for the parade!


The parade was a lot of fun, the kids just rode in a circle around the parking lot a coule times. I love this picture of Thayne because if you look close you can see him whistling - he whistles everywhere he goes...I love it!


We also did our weekly grocery shopping... pretty exciting thing to do on a holiday huh?... Well, when we were leaving the last store, we let the kids ride on a "Tigger Boat" ride and they loved it!! Lucky me I had our camera from the Ward breakfast!


Later in the day, we went to our community swimming pool and played for a couple hours in the water. Evelyn and Samuel love to jump off the edge into the water. Hyrum loves to splash! Samuel learned how to turn himself in circles. Evelyn is working on holding her breath underwater.


That night we went to a park and had a picnic dinner. After we ate, we had to wait till it got dark for the Fireworks to start, so we played soccer for a while... check out the kids... whoa, they almost look like they know what they're doing!!









Once it finally got dark, the fireworks started. The kids LOVED the fireworks. From where we were you could see 2 fireworks shows going on simutaneously. We could hear the BOOM BOOM of the fireworks but were far enough away that they didn't rattle the ground - I think that's why the kids were able to enjoy them sooo much.


The kids loved telling me the different colors the fireworks were and Hyrum loved pointing too them as he made a cute "cooing" noise. On the way back to the car, Evelyn told me: "Mom, those fireworks were absolutely amazing!"

3 comments:

Miller Family said...

Hey Clark Family. it sounds like you had a blast. We love the cute pictures. The kids are getting so big since we saw them last. Feel free to check out and comment on our blog ( http://kdkkmiller.blogspot.com) Love The Millers from NP

Kira said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. This was my first time having a child who was interested in the fireworks and I realized that I missed the whole show because all I watched was Ella. Kids bring so much more joy to holidays.

BunchesofBradys said...

Erica, I love that first picture on this post of the whole family.
You should print that one up!
Also, it's funny you like Thayne's whistling. It used to annoy me and then, now that I see he still does it, it makes me laugh...and I laugh even more thinking you are perfect for him because you like when he does it. Do you also like when he blows juice out his extra eye ducts? ha ha ha The things we know about our siblings...hey, I should get more info from John's siblings about the weird things that he did.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers