Tuesday, July 8, 2008

REDEMPTION!!

Monday morning we counted up the kids' beans and decided it was time for them to get a reward for their hard work. Here's how our rewards system works. Basically, the beans are worth a penny... so Evelyn earned 154 beans, so she could buy something up to $1.54, Samuel earned 215 beans, so he could spend $2.15. We took the kids to a Dollar Store and told them they could pick anything they wanted: Evelyn got 1 and Samuel got 2. Then we went home, took out the proper number of beans, and started all over again!


This system has worked well for us. It's fun to see them get all excited about doing good. No it's not perfect, but one positive thing I have gained from this is that it helps me notice more good things the kids are doing.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your bean jars are so cute. Abby and Lex love their marble jar. It is so funny how something so simple can get my kids to do what they are asked.

Tim and Mary said...

I love seeing the pics of your kids. It's amazing how big they are now. I like the bean idea. That's the first time I've heard of that. I'll have to consider implementing something like that for my boys. Thanks for the idea. Grins.

I'm tagging your blog. Check out my blog for the rules and have fun!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers