Lately we have been watching Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs WAY TOO MUCH. But it has been a great potty training motivator for Hyrum, so I figure it's better than him eating candy all day long. Anyway, the crazy squirrel in Ice Age is named Scrat, so he was pretending this toy was Scrat. I thought it was funny, because that toy squirrel came with Princess Aurora doll. It's fun to see the kids using their toys creatively.
Since I'm feeling a little squirrely tonight, let me share another squirrel moment. Last summer when I would go to garage sales, I would usually end up buying the kids some small toy. It made going to garage sales enjoyable for them and for me :) Anyway, Samuel insisted on getting the most bizarre looking toy. It was a knight riding on some creature. And the toy didn't look like it did anything cool, so I tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted that THIS was the toy he wanted. It was only a dime, so I let him get it.
Last week, this toy resurfaced and I was thought (again) - what a bizarre toy, we should throw this out - when I had a revelation - - - this was a "McDonald's Happy Meal" toy for Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian!! (This is another movie that Hyrum will pick as a potty reward and we have been watching A LOT lately.)
In the movie, Octavius rides on a squirrel, and that's what this toy was!! How funny that I finally figured out WHAT the toy was... Sadly, the toy still serves no purpose and is still on my "things to throw out" list :) Oddly enough, the toy has disappeared again so I can't throw it out, or take a picture to show you...







1 comment:
We had a similar experience with a very bizarre toy. We rarely even get kids happy meals, but we did this one time and the toy was some sort of freak animal...I remember thinking, "this is scary, what the heck is this?" It has been moving through our house for months and months. Then the other day it broke, one of the wings fell off so I threw it away. Then the next day we got Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (one of our favorite movies now) and discovered it was those weird RatBirds! If only I had kept it the kids would be loving playing with it now. But we never saw it in theaters so never knew what weird freak of nature animal it was supposed to be.
Post a Comment