LOL. He must be my son. I mix up my words all the time. Sunday after church, Samuel and Hyrum were being such gentlemen and holding the door open for me. As soon I cleared the door, they bolted, and I think Hyrum stepped on the heel of Samuel's shoe because Samuel's shoe was hanging off. He started crying. Evelyn and Hyrum are halfway to the car, I'm worried that they'll get hit by cars, Thayne is in a meeting, and I am carrying more than any human should. I tell Samuel to just hop to the car. He doesn't like that option. I tell him to take the shoe off and just walk in his socks. He doesn't like that option either, but somehow I convince him to hobble with one shoe on, one shoe off, to the car.
We get to the car and he is still trying to get his shoe on, I tell him not to worry about it because we're just going home. Then Evelyn informs me that his sock has a hole in it. I say: "Then we'll just throw it out, because we don't keep holes with socks in them!!" - - - Yes, that's what I said, and Evelyn caught my error right away! It's very reminiscent of one of my mother's famous sayings: "There's jug in the water." It must be geneic. Oh Well, it's a great tension-breaker and it sure makes a great running joke, right Mom?!







1 comment:
I like your word mixers :), I do that too. In fact, I didn't even notice anything was wrong with your 'holes with socks in them' until I read your next sentence and then went back and reread it again :).
Post a Comment