Friday, January 15, 2010

A Trans-Generational Dilemma

When I was growing up, my Mom would occasionally make penuche frosting to go on a cake. I used to call it: "Mmm, tastes like peanut butter frosting." After I would call it that, my Mom would protest: "It doesn't taste like peanut butter."


Now it doesn't really taste like peanut butter, but I guess at the time, and even now, the only other way I could describe penuche frosting was penuche - which is not very helpful is it?


Well the other day, I made penuche frosting and let my kids taste some. Evelyn, after her first bite, sai: "Mmm, tastes like syrup!" I have to agree with her. It probably does taste more like syrup than peanut butter.

How would you describe penuche?

3 comments:

eedwards said...

It's a favorite at our house, too!

Elisa said...

you know, I've never even heard of penuche before. So it's like a frosting? I'll have to look up a recipe and try it!

Clark Family said...

It is a frosting, and you have to cook it on the stove. I found several recipes at cooks.com

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers