Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birthday Boy!


Now this is impressive, a same-day post! Although because it's same-day it won't be as complete... Here's what we've done so far:
I made Hyrum a Race Car shirt for his birthday and he put it one first thing this morning!



Here are my other attempts at a 'good' picture... This is 'goof-ball' Hyrum...



This is 'Look at my cute dimples and beautiful smile' Hyrum...



Here's a close up of just the shirt...



To go along with the Race Car 'theme,' I made him a Race Car cake... Shhh. He hasn't seen it yet. I have never really done anything too fancy with cakes, so this was a big step for me. I even went out and bought Wilton food coloring and a special frosting tip to make the grass... yea... big step. There were moments when I wanted to cry, but I LOVE how it turned out. Later tonight we'll see if he loves it - that's what really counts!!

2 comments:

S said...

The cake looks wonderful! I'm impressed!

Kathleen said...

i finally caught up on your blog. it's so fun! the kids are growing up on me! must be time for a visit! great job on the cake too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers