Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Hyrum!

Yesterday was Hyrum's 4th Birthday!! I was so excited about the ideas I had for his cake and presents, I bought the 'goods' months ago. Here is a great picture. It's almost like it pains him to be still sometimes ;) I love Hyrum's crazy faces. This is his "hurry and take my picture mom, I have some ice cream to eat and toys to play with" face...


His cake was an erupting volcano cake with Lego Indiana Jones characters all over it!


He LOVED the Indiana Jones toys and when the volcano started smoking, he got way excited, but because I forgot one ingredient (GRR, the practice run was perfect...), the volcano took too long to erupt and he lost interest in the actual eruption - I can't blame him, I would be distracted if there were awesome toys on my cake too!!


Here's the volcano bubbling... Don't worry, when the volcano started to smoke, Indiana Jones made his way quickly down the volcano to safety!


The girls are loving the cake and ice cream and watching the volcano!


Samuel, Angie, and Daddy. Angie loved the pieces of cake that the lava had oozed on! The volcano bubbled over just after we started eating!! It made for good entertainment!


Hyrum requested me taking pictures of him with Indiana Jones. FYI, on birthdays we let the kids pick their meals. He had breakfast sandwiches for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, and macaroni and cheese (or as he would say "wack-a-mohnee" and cheese!) for dinner!


Here he is with with a pile of presents!


A couple more presents came in the mail today!! "Party Bonus!" Here's how I know Hyrum loved his gifts. He woke up early and went on the hunt for Indiana Jones this morning. That is something Samuel does a lot, but this is a first, where a toy has motivated Hyrum to get out of bed! He couldn't wait to play with his Lego Indiana Jones with Samuel. He also kept telling me all morning: "First I'll play with Lego Indiana Jones, then I'll play the video game and then Mario Party 8!" Live it up Hyrum, we LOVE YOU!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday as much as we did!!


It's moments like these that are all too fleeting...

HYRUM's Favorites:

Color - Green & Orange (changed when he started liking Wild Kratts because his favorite character - Chris - wears green...

Show - Wild Kratts & Super Why

Food - Macaroni and Cheese

Video Game - Indiana Jones Wii

Movie - Snoopy (anything with Snoopy)

Church Song - "The Spirit of God" - we have a CD in the car that has this song on it, and Samuel and Hyrum beg me to skip to track 8 so they can listen to "The Spirit of God" - cute!

Song - "Indiana Jones" (theme song)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers