My beautiful flowers from Mother's Day, dead within 4 days - - aren't they supposed to last 2 weeks?
A couple years ago, my Dad gave us some flower seeds. They are a 'bulb' flower kinda like red easter lilies, and they are perennials, so they are supposed to grow back every year.
We just planted them. The boys were having fun helping daddy plant all sorts of things and really wanted to plant some flowers for me... How sweet!! So we put a couple of these seeds in a flower pot and the rest out in the front of our house.
Thayne planted the ones in the flower pot,...
I planted the ones in the front walkway...
Interesting the STRIKING difference in appearance... Thayne's has not a single weed. 5 distinct plants. Mine is a mess, looking like some kind of grass or weed. I keep praying that mine aren't weeds, I did plant quite a few flower seeds, but I have to admit that my hope fades everyday... I also find it fascinating, in a depressing sort of way, that not one of the plants in the front walkway looks like Thayne's plants.
I just know we are going to get a letter from our HOA (Home Owners Association) saying that if we don't weed that flowerbed then we will get fined. If we do indeed get a letter, this is my response. "Until you can prove to me that these are NOT flowers, I am not plucking them up!"







No comments:
Post a Comment