Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Milestones for Mommy!

So I've been wanting to update our blog for a while... Just got busy. So there are 2 fun milestones I hit within about the last month:

1 - I have hit my 40 pound mark! I have actually lost 43 pounds since I started losing weight last year... Hooray!! I was curious to see how close I was to my smallest size ever, and I am happy to report that I fit into my smallest pants I own... a pair I kept from college! My next adventure - trying on my weeding dress... I'll have to try that when I'm having a skinny day ;)

Here are some before and after pictures:


(Yes, this is the before, taken in December of 2009)



(This picture was taken in March, so imagine a couple more pounds lost, but these are the pants mentioned above...)

2 - This last weekend I ran in my first race. It was a 5K for a local elementary school. It was fun and low pressure. I am happy to report that I "ran" the whole time! My goal was to run it in 35 minutes... I crossed the finish line at 31 minutes 13 seconds! (although my friend told me the course was 'short' - not quite 3.1 miles. Oh well. I beat my time and ran the whole time!


These are the girls I go running with - from left to right it's: ME!, Saskia, Jody. We go running at 5:00 AM... Yes AM... Yes, it's early, I get up at 4:38 AM usually... We run between 3-4 miles 3 times a week.


I was even able to sprint to the finish! It helped that Jody circled back to help me finish strong AND that my biggest fans (my family) was there to cheer me on! Thanks for coming to my 'Big Race" guys!! I Love Y'all!

4 comments:

Nataliehlambert said...

woot woot you look awesome.

Sarah and Mike Stancliffe said...

Nice Job! That is awesome!

S said...

You are such a star! Way to go!!! Also, you look fab. Isn't fitting into your skinny jeans such a good feeling?!

Kathleen said...

yea for you! you are amazing!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers