Friday, August 21, 2009

Going to the "Duck Park" to feed the _ _ _??

So yesterday we went to Candleridge Park and thought it would be fun to feed the ducks...just look at what creatures were attracted by the bread we were throwing...EWWWW... (I had to download some free software to edit the video because it was too long, - - my apologies for the flashing words...)

WARNING. This video contains graphic images that may be disturbing to some viewers.




Yes, that is a RAT... If you would like to see a still picture to get a better look - here it is (although the picture does not show it's rat-like tail):


In New Orleans we would call it a Nutria Rat... I'm not sure what they call them here, how about NASTY, or DISGUSTING??

On a happier note, we saw a Mommy Duck with 9 Baby ducks... SOOO CUTE!! ...and then a HUGE, MUTANT turtle tried to eat one of the ducklings... Oh, that's not such a happy note is it?? Fortunately the duckling escaped and appeared to be fine - - Lucky Duck!


It's been a while since we've been to this park (and may be a while before we go back!) but they've made some nice improvements to the playground area. They added this rock-like arch to climb...


And this fun new car to ride in... There is also a purple dinosaur to ride on...


They also put in 2 new areas to play in... this one is not done yet. The other area looks like an exercise area more for grown-ups.


Then there are the old-but-fun park 'toys' like the swings! According to Christy, no park is complete without swings - - Fun for kids of all ages...


What is this really?! ...Maybe a mix between a Hamburger and Jail??


And of course the slides are always a hit!

4 comments:

Cristin said...

They used to have those hamburger/jail type of play things at McDonalds when I was a kid. Wonder why they took them out of all the McDonalds?

Esther said...

That rat is disgusting! I'm so glad I've ever seen one that big in real life here before!

I like your comment about the hamburger/jail :)

Team Bracken said...

EW! That is so completely GROSS! It looks like a small otter!

Unknown said...

I think the nutria is cute...that mother duck is the ugliest duck I've ever seen though...looks like a cross between an inbred rooster and a duck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers