Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Little Thumb-Sucker?


So Anna has decided that she likes to suck her thumb. She can find it pretty easily if she wants to. The other morning, I heard her crying upstairs, so I tried to finish what I was doing downstairs, and by the time I was done, she had stopped crying, I went to check on her and she was "asleep" sucking her thumb.

I have to admit she looks soooo cute, sweet, and peaceful while she sucks her thumb (yes, I'm biased), but I'm not sure if I want to encourage it. I guess my biggest problem is that I can't take her thumb away - like you could a pacifier - when she's "old enough" to stop. She doesn't like pacifiers, so is there another option? I don't want her to be miserable. I guess we'll just see how much she really likes it.

2 comments:

Team Bracken said...

Kam sucks his thumb too and I think it's SO adorable too. I tried to discourage it and he thinks the paci is a toy. I can only hope that he will later give it up easily! Good luck! And she is SUPER cute when she sucks her thumb!

Kathleen said...

awww, makes me want to rush right over and hug her!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers