Saturday, February 19, 2011

SAMUEL is F-I-V-E (December 2010)


Samuel turned 5 on December 16th! He was all too excited to tell me how old he was. I can't believe he is that old! In the Fall, he will go to Kindergarten! AH!! He is growing up. Samuel is pretty easy to read. He loves to tell everyone about Mario and how he defeats the main enemies on the Mario Bros. Wii video game. So it wasn't too hard to figure out what kind of cake I wanted to make him. It had to be Mario...

Then I let this idea simmer some more and had a brillant plan. We would make all his gifts MARIO gifts. It was truly a Mario Party (haha)!

So remember last year I made everyone a special shirt on their birthday? Here's how Samuel's turned out. He saw Mario and instantly LOVED IT! YEA!



Some of the Mario gifts he got were shirts, a backpack, a lunchbox, figures (the ones on his cake), a Mario Kart Remote controlled car, a GameBoy with a few games - including Mario, it was so much fun!

Here's Samuel's cake (yes, it was inspired by my Halloween costume):


At the end of the night, Samuel told me: "Mom, this is my happiest day!" AWWW! To see his sweet face and beautiful smile and hear cute words like that just melt my heart and it makes all the planning and work for their birthday totally worth it!

Samuel you are such an awesome young man and we LOVE you so very much and are so glad you had your happiest day on your birthday!

P.S. Remember I also told you my judge of how good a cake I made is if another child gets jealous of it? Hyrum tells me all the time that he wants a Mario cake! :) Don't tell him, but I've got another awesome plan in the works for him!

P.S.S. Shortly after his birthday, Samuel phased out of Mario a little and is now more focused on being a football player. So the timing of his birthday was perfect! When we were leaving New Orleans after our trip down there for Christmas, we were all in the car waving, saying our 'goodbyes' and 'I Love Yous' and what do you think Samuel shouted?? - - "Don't forget I'm a football player!!" LOL :D

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers