Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sleeping in Time Out?

We have a new reward system we are trying out to help encourage the kids to do more educational work. For every 10 minutes of 'school' work they do they earn 10 minutes of video game time.

Evelyn, Samuel, and I were all playing "Wheel of Fortune" and Hyrum was sad because he wanted to play video games too. So I told him to get out his preschool workbook and earn some time.

So every few minutes I would check his work or tell him what he needed to be doing. After 20 minutes, he was done and so we started to clean up his work and I found that he was coloring other places than his workbook! AHHHH! He drew - with blue crayon - on our carpet! AHHHH!

This is not Hyrum's first Picasso moment. About a month ago, he took BLUE PEN and wrote on the carpet on the stairs!! AHH!!! I used several cleaners to try and get that pen out, but whatever I used first, turned the blue ink 10 times brighter and more obvious. I eventually got it out pretty good - but I was not expecting a repeat offense so soon! AHHHH!

So before I started scrubbing, I sent him to time out. I was pretty mad, so I told him he would be there till Thayne got home (he had gone to WalMart). I tried carpet cleaner first. This stuff claims to get out ink, cosmetics, grease, blood, rust, among other things, and I thought for sure it could handle blue crayon... WRONG. On to my next cleaner - rubbing alcohol. This stuff worked wonderfully. I was able to get it sufficiently clean!

So now I am calm and ready to talk to Hyrum (even before Thayne got home!) and turn to look at Hyrum and call him out, and he had fallen asleep!!


I've had kids scream, flop, kick, hit, play, cry, stomp, sneak out of , and do handstands in timeout - - but this is the first time anyone has fallen asleep! Com'on he wasn't there THAT long...

I woke him up and we talked about coloring - that we should only color on PAPER... I have my doubts that this was the last offense, but here's hoping!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers