Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mommy's New "Tricks"

These are the 2 new tricks I have learned:

I made the butterfly applique, put it on a shirt (I bought the brown shirt), and stitched around it!! This was one of Evelyn's birthday gifts, but I let her open it in the morning so she could wear it all day! I learned how to do this from Emily. She makes stinkin' cute shirts for her kids and I'm so glad she showed me how!! Thanks Emily!!



Juana came over one night and taught Saskia and I how to make hair bows!! Juana is soooo talented in her sewing abilities and always makes the cutest bows for Debbie!! I was so glad that she was able to teach us this!! Now I have something to do with all that ribbon I've been collecting! These are the Valentine bows I made, but with Evelyn's school uniform being red and white, she'll probably wear these year-round.

2 comments:

Angela said...

We have some really talented sisters in our ward! (I mean you as well, of course!) Those all look really cute. Sometimes I think I wish I had time to do things like that...but then I remember I hate sewing and crafts. I'd rather read a book and leave all that lovely stuff to others. I do admire it, though!

eedwards said...

Such cute projects. I love reading your blog.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers